The majority of our wig styles are produced with synthetic modacrylic fiber. Various types of fibers and colors are blended together to achieve the optimum mix to ensure the beauty and manageability of our wigs and hairpieces, and the most realistic appearance possible.
The benefit of this synthetic fiber is that it maintains its color and curl, and is not affected by environmental conditions such as heat and humidity. The modern synthetics are easy to care for and help make our styles ready-to-wear.
These wigs are easy to care for. Our superior fiber processing allows our products to “bounce” back to their original style if maintained and cared for correctly. Following are simple instructions to keep all our wigs looking great:
- Brush the wig thoroughly.
- Rinse it in cold or lukewarm water.
- Add a dash of Shampoo for Wigs and wash gently.
- Rinse thoroughly in cold water to remove all shampoo.
- Allow the wig to air dry thoroughly. Lay longer styles flat so the weight of the wet fiber does not pull out the curl pattern. Do not brush while wet, as it may permanently brush out any curl in the fiber.
- After the wig is completely dry, Revitalizing Mist can be used to condition the fiber, making it more manageable and bringing back the original sheen.
- The wig is now ready to be finger styled or brushed into the desired style. Spray for Wigs can be used as styling aids to achieve the desired style.
Do not use curling irons, blow dryers, or other hot styling instruments as they may damage the fiber.
Wig Care Products will help to maintain the life and beauty of any wig and will aid in keeping it in it’s original condition. Other than this, caring for the wig or hairpiece correctly is the best way to keep it looking fresh and new. Remember, a wig is like a delicate garment; with the proper care, it will look beautiful.
Other tips to keep our wigs and hairpieces looking beautiful are:
- Wash the wig regularly.
- When not wearing the wig, make sure it is stored properly. Long styles should be hung or laid flat on a surface. Shorter styles should also be hung or put on a Styrofoam head or wig stand. Do not fold the wig or hairpiece when storing, especially for an extended period of time.
- Be careful wearing a wig or hairpiece around areas of extreme heat such as a hot oven, fireplace or barbecue. While the fiber is not flammable and does not pose a threat, extreme heat can damage the fiber making it frizz or brittle. Extra caution should be used when opening an oven door that is on a high temperature, as the burst of heat that is released can damage the fiber.
- Always brush a wig from the bottom upwards. For longer styles, it is best to lie on a flat surface and brush from the bottom up. This will help to protect the fiber and will keep it from pulling out of the cap.
|Size||One Size Fits Most|